Membership in the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering is the perfect means for health and safety professionals of all levels to expand their knowledge, enrich their expertise and explore future issues, strategies and trends. Membership is at the National level and opens up all the local CSSE activities to you! Access training, unique networking opportunities and support your further development as an OHS practitioner.
Are you currently studying to become an Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Practitioner? A Student Membership in the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering will introduce you to a network of individuals in the same profession and provide you with an opportunity to extend and expand your learning experience. Consider a CSSE membership to:
- Meet OH&S leaders in your community/region by attending chapter meetings.
- Access the Members Only area of the National CSSE website for additional resources, including the Career Centre.
- Receive the CSSE’s quarterly newsletter, Contact, for coverage of OSHE issues, as well as important news about the CSSE.
Eligibility Criteria for Student Membership:
- Students who are currently enrolled on a full-time basis in an OSHE program at a recognized school, college or university and are not employed, on a full-time or part-time basis, as a OSHE specialist or involved in the education, enforcement, administration or monitoring of occupational health and safety.
- Those seeking student membership with the CSSE must provide proof of studies (i.e. photocopy of recent transcript or student card) with membership application.
- Please note that Student Members are non-voting members of the Society.
Discover the benefits of membership and join now by filling out our secure online application. You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your application.
How To Join The CSSE
The preferable method to join the CSSE is online using our automated system.
Manually via mail or fax
Download the following file:
Completed and signed forms can be faxed to the CSSE office at 416.646.9460 or mailed to 39 River St., Toronto ON Canada M5A 3P1.
You will receive a notice confirming receipt of your application within 5 business days. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact the National CSSE Office 416.646.1600.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Membership
I just registered on-line for membership; when do I get my password for the Member’s Only area?
Once your membership has been processed by the Membership Coordinator, he or she will send you your password via e-mail. This can take approximately 5 business days.
What is the difference between regular and associate membership?
Regular membership is intended for those who work in the OHS&E industry and who actively implement health and safety procedures into their workplace. A regular membership can be for a consultant (internal or external); OHS&E Coordinator, Director, Specialist, Advisor, Manager, Assistant; Registered Nurse; Risk Specialist; Construction Safety Officer, etc. Regular members can participate in elections and vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Associate membership is for those individuals who work with or sell safety equipment. Associate members do not have voting rights at the AGM, but enjoy the same benefits of a regular member.
Is my company a member of the CSSE?
Membership with the CSSE is individual; there are no corporate memberships. However, the CSSE offers a Group Billing Option for organizations that employ 5 or more CSSE members. If you’re interested in Group Billing, please contact the CSSE Office at 416-646-1600.
What is the difference between HST and GST?
HST is the Harmonized Sales Tax that is applicable to those individuals who live in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Ontario.
GST is the Goods and Services Tax that is applicable to those individuals who live in the Alberta, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon.