It has been said that all that is needed for “safe work” is good workplace “communication”, good work “planning”, and a “competent” workforce. All world class safety management systems include these elements. What remains is the need for the development and assurance of employee competency.
In this session, a framework for developing a competency assessment profile will be outlined. Further an outline of a competency development plan will be provided and tools for assessing worker competency will be demonstrated. Participants will gain an understanding of what competency means and how to set up a program for competency assessment and competency development in your workplace.
The workshop will address:
- What is a competency framework?
- How competency frameworks reduce health and safety risk
- How to build a competency framework
- What are the critical steps?
- Who needs to be involved?
- Strategies for success
- How to build competencies
- Types of competencies
- How to develop them
- Practical tools and practice to implement competencies within a workplace
The workshop will use plenty of examples, case studies and facilitate some small group work exercises. Participants with receive practical tools to use in their work.
2720 Glenmore Trl SE
Calgary, AB T2C 2E6
Google map and directions